Monday 7 September 2015

Day 32: Resting in Bagnères-de-Luchon



 


Shoe shopping for new boots, pizza eating, and an afternoon in the local thermal baths/underground hammam caves getting pampered until I felt as relaxed as the marmot in the advert! A tough day ;)


***

Bagnères-de-Luchon was an important moment in our hike, for it was in this town that I discovered the joy of visiting thermals spas - and there are plenty of them to be found along the GR10.! I hadn't ventured into the one on Cauterets, but from this moment on, I made sure that I saught them out wherever and whenever possible. The spa in Luchon was pretty special - it's a natural hammam cave that has been dug out in the rock underground - you wander along sweaty tunnels that are heated bn natural heat sources in the rock, alternating this with dips in the jacuzzi baths where you can get pounded by all manner of water jets and bubbles. It's amazing how relaxing it is, and how much it helped my tired hiking muscles.


No comments:

Post a Comment